Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reclaiming Rose: That Voice

I started another blog a few months back about my battle with staying on the creative path. I stopped posting when I got a job and have recently started posting again. Here's the latest post from Reclaiming Rose:

WARNING: This post contains one swear word (used twice). Avert your eyes if you are offended by such things.

"Resistance has no strength of its own. Every ounce of juice it possesses comes from us. We feed it with power by our fear of it.
Master that fear and we conquer Resistance."

I am afraid of failing and losing myself in the process. I am afraid of succeeding and the expectation of more after I've "made it..." and not being able to deliver. I am afraid of the pain of rejection. I am afraid of the commitment of an acceptance.

These fears (and countless others) keep me from creating. I make up these scenarios in my head. All of which are rational fears and the little voice in my head calmly doles out the list of disasters that could happen in a very lawyerly like manner.

Never once does this voice say, "You could actually make it." When I say it outloud and the voice in my head responds, "But more likely you won't."

Stupid bitch, that voice.

Remember that... the voice that is filled with negativity is a stupid bitch. It's hard not to listen to her but I have to try.

For every negative thing she says, I will say a positive. That way, I hope to never fall prey to her lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment