Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mastering the Art of Beading

I picked up this book last month. It's called "Mastering the Art of Beading" by Genevieve A. Sterbenz. Before I go on, I just have to say I love the play on Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." LOVE IT. K? Alright. Moving on.

If I were to teach a beading class, this would be the text book I would assign. The subtitle reads "essential tools and techniques every jewelry maker must know." That is absolutely correct. It goes over the basics like making wrapped loops and opening and closing jump rings, but it also goes over the different kinds of beads out there. I never knew exactly what fire-polished beads were (other than BEAUTIFUL) until I picked up this book.

It's chock full of projects and (best of all) really awesome step-by-step photography.

If you're a beginner looking for a book to help you learn the basics or if you're an experienced beader looking for new projects and great reference material, this book is a must for your library.

PS. Updated my shop tonight! I know, I can't believe it either :P

No comments:

Post a Comment