Friday, March 5, 2010

Copper and Pearls

I started this necklace earlier this week. I finished the filigree embellished piece (embellished with fire polished glass beads in two pretty purples) on Sunday with hopes to work on it my next day off... Having been laid off yesterday, I suppose yesterday was my next day off. Hahaha. But, I was pre-occupied.

I saw a necklace similar to this in a catalog but instead of the filigree piece embellished with fire polished glass beads, it was a silver flower with (what I assumed were) diamonds. I think the copper gives it an older feel. Also, I'm assuming the pearls in the catalog were real. These are just glass Crystazzi pearls. But they sure are pretty.

I also made some earrings. But the copper is shiny. What's your opinion... does shiny mix with dark? I happen to like it, but will others?

Below is an alternate view of the necklace (without the flower) and a close up of the filigree piece. Hopefully, I will take some time and do some art before I jump back into "reality." I was always complaining how I didn't have enough time to do what I love... sooo... I'm going to try it for a while. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I love the copper. I am starting to move away from silver and am takin in with the warmth of brass and copper - lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose, I'm thinking about you. I am so sorry for what you are going through and I will be believing in HUGE GINORMOUS DOORS opening up for you. The opportunity of a life time waiting for you after this seeming set back.
    Hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete