Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thoughts on Thursday: Room for 1

My life cannot be contained by a 10'x10' room.

I live with my cousin's family and I pay rent and have my own room and go to work and pay my bills. Its a pretty good deal I have going on... but over the course of 4 years, I have gathered books and books and books... toys, and more books. And it wasn't until yesterday I realized just how bad my room had gotten.

We're getting new windows. And I had to move my junk a few feet away from the window. Well. JUNK is what I had. And I realized how filthy my room is and how much crap I've accumulated in my little room.

I do everything in my room. Sleep. Eat. Create. Be lazy. I don't have a space in the living room or garage. I don't really have a space in the fridge (the kids sometimes eat my food anyway) so I keep everything in my little room. But I think I've out grown it. I mean, it serves as my studio, sleep area, and eat area. Its smaller than a studio apartment. Its smaller than the break room at work. But I can't afford much else. And I don't want to get rid of my books! Contrary to what you may think, I use those books. They're my reference material. And entertainment in a house without TV.

I'm not sure what I should do, but something must be done.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment