Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Wonderful and Simple Bracelet

Remember my Monday Muses post? The first bracelet featured from Summers Studio was inspired by a tutorial Erin Siegel posted on her blog a little while ago. The bracelet she made was a simple and beautiful bracelet and I wanted to try it.

I started with a copper link and a ceramic bead from Yolanda's Clay that I bought from a craft show last year. I didn't have the 1mm waxed cord so I decided to use this paper (yes, PAPER) cord I had in my stash.

I doubled up the cord thinking it would look better with the bigger link. And I love how it looks... but then I couldn't fit all four strands through the ceramic bead! O_O

Luckily for me though, the bead I bought from Yolanda's Clay was from a whole baggie of beads! And there was a round that fit all four strands. YAY!

I made the bracelet a little bigger than in the tutorial because I have meatier arms and I like my bracelets a little loose. I love it. I'm wearing it today!

Do check out Erin's tutorial. You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you tried out the tutorial! Your bracelet turned out great. Thanks for the mention and the link back!

    ReplyDelete