Sunday, May 13, 2012

Button Swap Reveal!

It's here! IT'S HERE!!! The Button Swap Blog Hop! WOO!

Let's get started.

Here's what my lovely partner, Shanti, sent me.
Such pretty buttons! I decided to play with 2 of the shank buttons. I'll admit, I was not as creative as I would have hoped, but my muse is on vacation, apparently. Or focused on drawing and painting. ANYWAY, here's what I made.




This sparkly shank button makes a lovely and elegant focal. I used teal and mint green beads in the necklace to give it a bit of playfulness. I'm not the best at making necklaces but I do adore them. I used to think I was terrible at making bracelets but I think I've gotten over that little bit of self-doubt. Hopefully, I can get over this bit as well.

Now for my next piece.

I'm so in love with sari ribbon. And I decided to use the long shank button in a bracelet.


When I saw this sparkly focal, I knew I had to have it. I knew it would work wonders in another "rustic elegance" piece.

Here's what I came up with.

I know. A button as a clasp. Not too terribly inventive but this bracelet makes my body dance with happiness. Seriously. I put it on and I can't help but shake my wrist to get the danglies moving and then my shoulders move and before I know it, I'm in a down right boogie. Lol.

I still have three buttons to play with. I'm going to do some hopping and hopefully get some inspiration as to what to do with them!

Want to hop with me?

 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
 Rose Binoya (<--YOU ARE HERE) and Shanti Johnson
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)

Thank you, Cindy, for hosting this challenge! I loved it! <3

16 comments:

  1. If your muse is on vacation then can mine go where your is?!? I think the bracelet is gorgeous, that purple/silver combo made my heart pitter patter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I loved the necklace, but I did a little happy dance when I saw that bracelet!!!! I adore how the purple sets off the vintage button. When you said you keep shaking your arm to see the dangles move, I started smiling, cause I could totally see me doing that! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes-- that bracelet is a stunner! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sari ribbon bracelet the color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the sari ribbon bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want to boogie with that bracelet too!! Oh my I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with that ribbon too! What an awesome bracelet, love the rhinestones! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both your pieces are amazing, but the ribbon bracelet is to die for!! stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose, I love your sense of humor! You sure received some pretty buttons in a sweet gift pouch. Your first necklace is so very elegant - a classic with the button focal! I absolutely love your sari ribbon sparkly bracelet - it is SO gorgeous! I can totally see why you want to dance when you wear it! I know I'd find one excuse after another to wear that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That necklace is really nice, but your bracelet. . . .it would totally make me boogie too!! It's awesome. So elegant, so sparkly, so fun! And, it all started with a button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so LOVE that bracelet!! Purple is my color of choice, and your design is breathtaking. ♥ The focal is gorgeous, and you accented it just perfectly! Incredible. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why your beautiful bracelet makes you dance with happiness! Lovely use of your buttons...I used Sari ribbon too..that stuff is just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first piece is such a lovely, feminine necklace - just beautiful. But I agree ... the bracelet makes you want to dance! Gorgeous, fun, rich colors ... GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love what you made..Just gorgeous!!I'm partial to sari bracelets too...heehee(Shhh...I made one too)
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful buttons you received! And I love the pieces you made, but really that last one with the button as a clasp has me drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty buttons... and such beautiful work! The necklace is dreamy, but the bracelet is tons of fun! I love how the colors work together <3

    Thanks for sharing with us all on this swap/challenge/hop!

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete