Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adventures with Rod- Volumes 1 & 2

The past three Thursdays, Rod and I have had the day off together and we've been going on mini-adventures. What's wonderful is we get to spend the day together and more often than not, we're talking about creating and what projects we're working on... and we go off in search of random things.


Last week, we went to the Old Barn Antique Mall in San Juan Capistrano. So much vintage jewelry! I couldn't afford any of it, but it certainly was beautiful and made me want to go home and play with my beads. I also loved looking at the jewelry stands and boxes. Rod gave me one of the catalogs that got sent to him at work that's filled with fixtures and displays... It makes me want to open up my own little shop.

We also saw LOTS of Pyrex. My sister-in-law collects old Pyrex. They're really pretty, I think. And make food look even yummier. But maybe that's me...



This week, we went to Laguna Beach. We walked past a jewelry shop that was featuring the work of an artist named Enric Torres. The pieces reminded me so much of Mucha. So pretty.



We sat by the beach and had a little picnic. I sketched and he did a little watercolor painting. It was a really good day. I hope we have more adventures together...

No comments:

Post a Comment