Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inspired by Mucha

I love illustrations by Mucha. So much so that years ago, when I was toying with the idea of writing and illustrating a version of Beauty and the Beast, I used his work as my inspiration.

Designing Beauty's world. 



Last night, my wire and pliers formed earrings that remind me of my sketches and Mucha's illustrations.



I think I may do a whole series of pieces using these flowy curls and flowers. It was super fun.

---

Sidenote: Work is driving me nuts. One of my best friends (who is on the leadership team) put in his two weeks today. So stressed but I know it's for the best. I want him to be happy. Truth be told, if I could, I would quit too. It's been such a demoralizing situation. BUT... my staff keeps me smiling.

Look what they did to the office door:


Mwahaha. Oh yes. I was walking into the back office and a customer said "Oh my God! She got into the Chamber of Secrets!" It made me giggle.

1 comment:

  1. I love the flower earrings. I love the 'vines' and swirls coming off of them.

    i want to see what is in the chamber of secrets!

    ReplyDelete