Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cupcake Bliss

I spent my New Years in my hometown, Palmdale, CA. Most of it involved eating and sleeping... my mother managed to get me to make some earrings for some family members in the Philippines, but mostly, it was eating and sleeping. The highlight of my two-day-food/coma-stay with my family were these little cupcakes.

My sister, Michelle, and sister-in-law, Jie, introduced me to these mind-blowing cupcakes. They know the best places to eat and aren't afraid to try new things... Well, when this shop popped up in Palmdale, my sisters fell fast in love :P These pretty little things come from a shop called "Nadia Cakes." The first one I tried, and which is still my favorite, was the red velvet cupcake with a cream cheese frosting. The cupcake itself was moist and delicious and the cream cheese frosting was light and airy and overpoweringly sweet. I ate the whole thing and asked for more (I know, I know... diet, right? These cupcakes are WORTH it).

Later on, when we went to go pick up a pizza for dinner, I decided we needed more cupcakes and dropped by the cupcake shop to pick up some more treats. Now, they're not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. Each cupcake comes out to under $3. And if you buy a dozen, its $28. But you get to pick from flavors like strawberry, lemon drop (my second favorite with its lemon filling), caramel macchiato... and more! Each one is just as pretty as the next and I'm sure, just as moist and delicious.

The cupcake I had today were left overs from yesterday and they're still oh so yummy. The guy who helped us yesterday said, "We try to focus on the moisture." Let me tell you, keep doin' it, because they totally rock.

So. If anyone from Palmdale is reading this, or if you're planning on visiting (I don't know why you would but if you do), do check out Nadia Cakes. Their address is 39604 10th Street West in Palmdale. They do custom cakes too. Check out their site on www.nadiacakes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment