Thursday, December 17, 2009

THOUGHTS ON THURSDAY: Making Time

I find myself doing more reading and dreaming about beading and making jewelry than actually doing it. Same with painting and sketching. How can I make more time for myself?

Five hours from now, I have to get up and get to work. My shift today is 2pm to 11pm; same as yesterday. And working retail this time of year pretty much sucks all the energy out of me. Not to mention being a supervisor to an understaffed store with customers who, at this time of year, are cranky and just want to get the things on their list and go home... trust me, I understand. But, at the end of the day, my energy is all gone and all I want to do is see the smiling face of my loving boyfriend and go to bed... which after a snack, reading, and maybe sketching for a little while (and some much needed venting about work), happens at around 1 or 2am.
And just a side note, it really helps to have a supportive boyfriend who encourages me and is patient when I'm as cranky as a hungry silver back gorilla.

I have a day off tomorrow. But we've been planning on going to Sea World for a while now and finally have a day off together so that's taken up. Next Tuesday is my next day off but I'm celebrating Christmas with my parents that day so it will be full of driving and (hopefully) merriment. And then my day off after that is... you guessed it, Christmas. A week!? A week without my beads??? Without visiting my local bead store? Without walking down the few beading aisles of Michaels and Jo-Ann's for HOURS wondering what I could possibly make with that strand of clearance beads??

I have to make time, right? I mean, there are still a few people on my list who need presents... who should be getting earrings and bracelets and maybe a necklace or two. I need to make the time. I need to find the energy. Because if all I do for the next week is Christmas shop, work, and sleep, I'm going to find myself going crazy the day after Christmas.

Time to go back to sleep before work. My tummy woke me up, demanding food.

No comments:

Post a Comment