Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quick Rings

At 630am, I threw started a load of laundry and started putting away one I'd done... Monday? I think it was Monday. Hey, I'm 22 and just putting them away is a miracle in itself.

ANYHOO, work is at 1pm-10pm today and before going back to bed for a nap, I thought I'd make some rings I saw in a book I was flipping through at work. I can't remember the name of it now, but when I find it again, I will post it.

The other day, I went to Michaels and saw these dyed lavender (they call it lavender...) shell disks in the sale bin. I picked them up and thought they'd be fun to use for the rings I saw and finally had time to make today!

Using beading wire, the seed beads I love, and crimping beads, I made three rings that maybe took an hour because I'm still fresh when it comes to crimping... that and getting the 11ยบ seeds onto the wire took a while.

I love the fresh look of the icy blue. I'm not sure how the shell works with the set but it does make me smile and I think that's the important thing.

2 comments:

  1. Lord knows I'm not into jewelry at all, but I really like the photography on your blog. I don't know if it's the nice colors or the way the pieces are positioned or whatever (Lord knows I'm not an artist, either), but the visual effect is really nice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kuya Vince! I kinda just position things until my brain says "ok, that looks good." And then shoot.

    I'm glad it looks good to other people too! :D

    ReplyDelete